THE DRILL SERGEANT: Robust Resources has received a string of positive assay results from 21 diamond drill holes from its Batu Hitam prospect area, where the company claims over 90 per cent of holes intersected potentially economic mineralised rock.
The company said the exploration drilling program has been useful in expanding its knowledge of the Batu Hitam mineralisation.
Samples from this program will form part of the dataset Robust will use to calculate a maiden resource for the Romang Island project, which it anticipates to announce early December.
Batu Hitam map showing continuity and intensity of mineralisation and
open directions for further exploration. Source: Company announcement
The assay results have been reviewed in three sections: Batu Hitam West, Batu Hitam South, and Batu Hitam East.
Batu Hitam West has returned consistent intervals of near-surface gold silver mineralisation as well as underlying polymetallic breccias.
Drilling highlights include:
Batu Hitam West
– 81 metres at 1.24 grams per tonne gold equivalent (0.89 grams per tonne gold, 17 grams per tonne silver) from surface; and
– 13m at 2.52g/t gold equivalent (2.10 g/t gold, 20 g/t silver) from surface, including 2m at 10.49 g/t gold (10.12 g/t gold, 18 g/t silver) from surface.
Batu Hitam South
– 80.5m at 1.02 per cent copper equivalent (0.19 g/t gold, 17 g/t silver, 0.09 per cent copper, 1.20 per cent lead, 1.22 per cent zinc) from 2.5m; and
– 17m at 1.99 g/t gold equivalent (1.11 g/t gold, 42 g/t silver) from 7m including, 3m at 3.95 g/t gold equivalent (3.92 g/t gold, 2 g/t silver).
Batu Hitam East
– 21m at 2.23 per cent copper equivalent (0.56 g/t gold, 81 g/t silver, 0.30 per cent copper, 2.51 per cent lead, 0.75 per cent zinc) from 3m, including 3m at 4.56 per cent copper equivalent (1.66 g/t gold, 210 g/t silver, 0.80 per cent copper, 3.32 per cent lead, 0.48 per cent zinc) from 8m.
“These latest results clearly expand the number of mineralised zones at Batu Hitam and give us added confidence in the potential scale of the Romang Island project,” Robust Resources director Gary Lewis said in the company’s announcement to the Australian Securities Exchange.
“The new zones reported today are open in all cardinal directions, and in many cases at depth, and this reaffirms our view about the long term potential for Romang Island.
“It is also important to note that our maiden resource estimate when it is published will only be an interim statement and that further drilling is very likely to substantially increase the mineral resource.
“The company is awaiting some additional assays results from our continuing exploration program and we expect these to be reported prior to the announcement of our resource estimate.”