Azure Minerals Ready to Commence Drilling at Andover

THE DRILL SERGEANT: Azure Minerals (ASX: AZS) has commenced first stage exploration and geophysical works on the company’s recently acquired Andover nickel-copper project in the West Pilbara region of Western Australia.

Azure is purchasing – subject to shareholder approval – 60 per cent of the project with the remaining 40 per cent to be retained by vendor, the Creasy Group.

Azure has prioritised two target locations for its maiden drilling program to start this month that have been identified by work already completed by the vendor.

However, priority has been given to pre-drilling FLTEM surveys to be carried out over the two key target zones containing the earlier mineralised drill intersections.

The FLTEM surveying will utilise multiple off-set loops to increase three-dimensional definition of the conductor plates, increase the depth penetration to assess down-dip potential, and refine the drill hole targeting.

The first phase of Azure’s maiden drilling program is to comprises six diamond core holes.

Additional drilling is planned to follow-up positive results and to test new targets identified by the regional FLTEM surveys.